English : Mahjong Danmark
This forum is for all sorts of mahjong related issues, but all messages MUST be in English.
The fastest message board....ever.
Problem going out
Posted by: Justin (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2005 01:42PM

Hello.
I have a problem going out under certain conditions and was wondering what I'm doing wrong.
The software I'm playing on is Mahjong Master, made by Konami, for the Nintendo 64. I play this software because I find it very user-friendly and it provides a good challenge without ever feeling like it cheats. I don't have the opportunity to play against other people just now and don't like to spend too much time in front of the PC to play online.
The problem is that whenever I'm left with 4 tiles in my hand and draw a tile that matches one pair of two to make a chow or pung, I can't go out.
Example:
I'm holding two 3 wheels and two 2 characters. I draw one 3 wheels, this should make a pung and allow me to go out, considering the rest of my hand is a pair, shouldn't it?
The problem comes that the pung is completed and declared, and my hand remains just the left over pair and I can't declare mahjong. Even if I discard these two tiles and draw another pair, I still can't go out.
Can anyone enlighten me as to where I'm going wrong?
Is the only way to go out from this situation of having two tiles left to draw tiles that would add to an already declared pung to make a kong?
If anyone can understand what I'm talking about, please respond to me, either here or via email as I can't find anything relating to this in rules on going out, either in the book that I have or online.
Thanks, Justin.

Subject Views Written By Posted
Problem going out 8643 Justin 07/28/05 01:42PM
     Re: Problem going out 2459 Justin 07/28/05 01:47PM
        Re: Problem going out 2463 Tina 07/28/05 02:05PM
           Re: Problem going out 2388 Justin 07/28/05 05:49PM
              Re: Problem going out 2452 Tina 07/29/05 11:06AM
                 Re: Problem going out 3457 Tina 07/29/05 11:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.